epiphaneia

Musing, thoughts and tales. Sometimes I just need a place to lay down a few thoughts, to try to clear a little space in my head. Feel free to take a look through my musings yourself.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Time, time, time..





Time, time, time. As you've no doubt noticed whilst awaiting my next post with baited breathe, I'm very short of time lately and so have not posted here for two weeks now. For shame!!



Still don't have any time so I'm afraid despite my desire to leave you with elongated, eloquent and verbose prose, you'll have to settle for a short post I'm afraid.



Where to start? At the beginning I hear you say, but begginings are soo boring, and what is the beginning? When I started my new job? the first day? The two hours of mind numbingly boring videos extoling the virtue's of my new employer, or when I actually got stuck into the work? No, I think I shall start with some reflections.. I've always hated being bored, it just doesn't work for me, I know plenty of people love when they have nothing to do in work and still get paid for it, and well, thats fine. But that jjust doesn't work well for me, I need to be active and not running around doing mindless leg-work tasks, I need a challenge I need to USE my brain, and here, in this new job I am, I am using my brain so much it hurts. I've always used the calendar function in my outlook, but usually it would have 2/3 reminders a week, now it pops up with 2/3 reminders an hour. I love it.



I spend my days swamped in rewriting procedures, preparing for quality audits, jetting off to exotic places to attend seminars and courses.. ok, thats a lie.. I'm 'jetting' a whole 170 miles (20 min) to Dublin for a course... but still... it's a start. I won't complain. I never saw myself as the 'executive' type to be honest, but here I am attending managment review meetings, sending reports to the european vice president of the company, writing company procedures, and the crown in my kingdom, the cherry in my mufin, the jam in my donut or any other metaphor you care to quote.. I have 4 weeks to prepare for the companies re-acrreditation audit for ISO9001:2000. Talk about getting dropped in the deep end, or indeed up a certain creek without a paddle, oar, outboard motor or indeed any means of transport what so ever. Ah well, as they say be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it...





Anyway here's a little something for you to ponder on...





NO SECOND TROY
by: W. B. Yeats (1865-1939)
HY should I blame her that she filled my days
With misery, or that she would of late
Have taught to ignorant men most violent ways,
Or hurled the little streets upon the great,
Had they but courage equal to desire?
What could have made her peaceful with a mind
That nobleness made simple as a fire,
With beauty like a tightened bow, a kind
That is not natural in an age like this,
Being high and solitary and most stern?
Why, what could she have done, being what she is?
Was there another Troy for her to burn?

Picture: "Helen of Troy" by Dante Rossetti

Slan Leat

Conor









2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha! It's alive! -Not that I didn't know that, but I couldn't resist leaving a smartass comment :-D

Keep up the good (executive) work, you'll have them eating out of your magical hands in no time at all.

Hugs!!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Sparx said...

Boy, you have D.I.S.A.P.P.E.A.R.E.D!

I hope everything's ok

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home